Get In Touch
Welcome to Little Staggies ELC where we operate an ‘Open Door’ Policy to parents.
The purpose of our Open Door Policy is to encourage open communication, feedback and discussion. We value the input parents make to our setting. If you have any worries or concerns about your child’s education, then we believe that it is far better that you come in and see us to discuss them – in the first case with the playroom staff, then with the manager and director of the business. Following this process allows issues to be resolved and explained. Staff will listen to your concerns and work with you to resolve any issues that you might have. Staff and parents are expected to be reasonable and fair to all parties.
We are able to maintain our ‘Open Door Policy’ by requesting your co-operation with the following rules.
- All visitors to the setting must report to the school office upon arrival and sign in.
- Playroom practitioners will usually be available for an Open Door meeting at the end of the session, during handover. In some cases, the practitioner may not be available for genuine reasons and a different meeting time should be arranged.
- If you feel that the matter needs more than 10 minutes to discuss, then parents should phone the office to make an appointment to see the member of staff at a mutually convenient time. Please make sure to state the purpose of the meeting request.
- Staff may also be available to take phone calls, when they are not available please leave a contact number so that the member of staff may call you back at a different time.
- At no time should parents raise their voices at staff, particularly in front of children. Aggressive or threatening behaviour is also unacceptable. Anyone who misuses the Open Door Policy may be asked to leave the premises and future meetings will only be held prior to appointment.
How can we help?
We'd love to hear from you about how we can assist, the services we provide or about our facility/premises and facilities.